Saturday 23 May 2009

A Birthday Card...





















Hope everyone is enjoying this nice, sunny Bank Holiday weekend! Looks like it could bring out the BBQ's!
Have pulled some bits out the freezer ready- just in case we get to have the BBQ out- although it tends to sit there under its cover just for Bella to hide under & jump out at you as you go past!!

Here's the card I made for my Mums birthday next week- as she & Dad will be on holiday for their birthdays, my sister & I went up today to give them their pressies today. I didn't get around to making one for Dad this year, as I lost any crafting mojo I had in past few weeks, and struggled to make this one for Mum!!

Anyway I actually decorated the insides & back of the card- something of an epic project for me to do! I was desperate to use this new Magnolia stamp I got recently- she's gorgeous!!! I'm also loving the background stamp and can see a few more cards being made with it on!!

For the card I used the following: Bazzill cards, SU whisper white card, My Minds Eye- Bloom & Grow collection of papers, Quickutz Swirl die & alphabet die, SU Pumpkin Pie gross grain ribbon, water coloured Magnolia stamped images, glitter, verse inside card from a cd by 'Crafty Ideas by Kaz'.
The images & some flowers were 3-d with foam pads. I also added some glitter to the flowers & her wings, but not sure if it can be seen!

I also made a gift holder to put some dollars in for Dad- I thought I had better make something for him as I hadn't managed a card! Think the paper was a Bo Bunny paper, with SU sentiment & Magnolia 'Happy Birthday'

Hope you all get to enjoy this glorious weather- off to try to make some cards!!

Teresa xx

No comments: